kernel32 (profile.c): current section and key implementation

Claudio Fontana claudio.fontana at gmail.com
Sat Dec 23 15:43:51 CST 2006

Hello all,

I posted previously a patch to wine-patches here:

http://www.winehq.org/pipermail/wine-patches/2006-December/034022.html

However, I now understand that although it solves the issue I had with the
specific program, the change is incomplete, since in several other places,
sections and keys are only considered meaningful when not equal to the
empty string.
In the Microsoft implementation, the unnamed section is valid, as are
zero length keys.

Thus, I think a broader scope change is required.
Before I start working on a new patch, do you acknowledge that the
current implementation
is incorrect, and a patch fixing it by not requiring name[0] to be !=
'\0' is likely to be accepted? (btw, I've noticed you switched to git,
so I will be using that instead now).

Thanks,

Claudio Fontana