winex11.drv: Only try to initialize OpenGL if the display has the GLX extension.

Patrik Stridvall patrik at stridvall.se
Sun Dec 24 16:48:52 CST 2006

On Sunday 24 December 2006 10:55, Chris Robinson wrote:
> On Sunday 24 December 2006 01:12, Roderick Colenbrander wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I'm not sure if checking for the GLX extension is such a good idea as it
> > is possible to use OpenGL without having the GLX extension. For instance
> > when plain Mesa is used.
>
> Wine requires GLX 1.2 or higher though, doesn't it? In that case, the GLX
> extension would have to be there.

Indeed, perhaps I should point out that if the display doesn't support GLX
like the case of VNC server the initialisation of OpenGL fails and a lot of
confusing messages are outputted even if the application doesn't actually
use OpenGL. So the patch doesn't really break anything except that
has_opengl returns FALSE earlier and thus removes the messsages.

That said I'm sure that it possible to implement limited OpenGL without
GLX but that is another problem for another day.