[comctl32] MonthCalendar - Fix wrong date selected whenclicknext/prev months day (#6967)

Dmitry Timoshkov dmitry at codeweavers.com
Mon Dec 25 09:03:45 CST 2006

"Vijay Kiran Kamuju" <infyquest at gmail.com> wrote:

>> > -    return TRUE;
>> > +    /*return TRUE;*/
>>
>> If you are not sure that the return should be removed, it's a sign that you
>> need a test case, just commenting it out without any explanation is not a solution.
>> Same comment to all other similar cases.
> Should I add comments or Do I have to add test cases?

That's up to you, but having any code simply commented out without
a single word of an explanation is confusing and misleading. I'd say
that having a commented out 'return' with any sort of an explanation
is bad IMO.

> test cases are bit difficult as they are all UI based, and dont have
> exact testcases.
> As I rearranged the codes and removed the returns as the necessary
> messages are not being sent (in order as observed on windows using
> both old and latest versions of ControlSpy)
> If you think I should add comments, I would be glad to modify.
> Tests are a bit difficult :( (if you can help, I will try)

Of course the tests are preferable, but if it's a pure UI thing it's
pretty hard to test, yes. Message sequences can be tested, but that's
a bit trickier since comctl32 doesn't have a message sequnce test
infrastructure.

> Should I send a new version of the patch, with the changes?

I don't think that the patch will be magically fixed on its own.

--
Dmitry.