OpenGL as child windows

Dmitry Timoshkov dmitry at
Sun Dec 31 02:37:45 CST 2006

"Damjan Jovanovic" <damjan.jov at> wrote:

> AFAIK there is no technical problems, only political ones. Wine no
> longer allows subwindows to be X11 windows. I've heard Alexandre
> Julliard won't accept such patches.

That was a purely technical decision to get rid of X windows for child
Win32 windows, and has fixed numerous painting and z-order related
problems. If you or somebody else are really interested to go backwards,
show us the code which cleanly passes 'make test' in dlls/user32 and
simultaneously solves the problem for OpenGL child windows.