OpenGL as child windows

Chris Robinson chris.kcat at gmail.com
Sun Dec 31 14:28:45 CST 2006

On Sunday 31 December 2006 11:44, Mark Hatsell wrote:
> Just wondered what would happen in the case of a non-X11 child window
> partially overlapping an X11 OpenGL window? I guess this wouldn't work
> still even with this solution. This could happen quite easily in an MDI
> situation.

I suppose the OpenGL window would overlap the non-X11 child window. But such a
thing does not work now, nor will it ever as long as OpenGL draws directly to
the main window. But this would only be an issue when the actual OpenGL
window area is overlapped by something from the same parent window (a
seperate popup MessageBox, for example, would still work fine). And even in
Windows, OpenGL windows have problems when overlapped with other child
windows.