dlls/shell32/shfldr_unixfs.c breaks non-GNU/Linux platforms

Michael Jung mjung at iss.tu-darmstadt.de
Wed Feb 1 10:45:50 CST 2006

Hi Gerald,

On Wednesday 01 February 2006 16:25, you wrote:
> The following patches to dlls/shell32/shfldr_unixfs.c break FreeBSD
> and other non-GNU platforms:

<snip>

> The reason is that canonicalize_file_name() is not found during linking.
>
> The man page for this function states "The function is a GNU extension",
> so this clearly kills portability. :-(

We could fall back to "realpath", if "canonicalize_file_name" is not
available. However the man page on "realpath" states:
"Never use this function. It is broken by design"

Do you know of a function on BSD, which can be applied here? If all else
fails, we'll have to re-implement path-canonicalization. But I would prefer
to use a library function.

Bye,
--
Michael Jung