New wined3d configuration window

Brian Hill dcatz at nc.rr.com
Wed Feb 1 16:53:33 CST 2006

So I've been bored lately and decided to start hacking on the wined3d
module.  This is partly due to my distate with a certain commercial Wine
variant for games.

I have intermediate OpenGL knowledge and very little Direct3D knowledge,
so I have to rely on MSDN for finding OpenGL equivilants in Direct3D.

I've been working on a new control panel for the wined3d module in
winecfg.  There are simply too many potential options to fit it all on
that one tab and I know that audio is getting something similar.  I was
wondering if Wine has a HIG (Human Interface Guideline) that determines
how the layout should go.

This is what I have so far :
http://img371.imageshack.us/my.php?image=winecfg8xe.png

The symmetry is off right now, however I am trying to leave room for
other buttons incase they are needed.

I am also working on the reporting of texture memory for wined3d.  Right
now, it reports a default of 64mb.  I'd like to add a box that allows
the user to override the amount of memory reported and a way to have it
automatically detected.

Thanks,
Brian Hill