Somewhat disappointing experiences with Winelib and WTL

Vitaliy Margolen wine-devel at
Mon Feb 6 21:41:51 CST 2006

Monday, February 6, 2006, 10:53:01 AM, Claus Fischer wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 06, 2006 at 11:41:40AM -0600, Dmitry Timoshkov wrote:
> Perhaps both goals (running as native Windows apps versus
> porting to native Linux apps) are mutually incompatible
> by nature.

Exactly for this goal Borland spent lots of time and money to create
Kylix like environment. I haven't tracked since V2 so I'm not sure if
they ever made C++ Builder for Linux. But that's as close as you can get
to you dream...

Vitaliy Margolen.