*** No rule to make target `../../dlls/d3d9/tests/d3d9_test.exe.so',

Coleman Kane ckane at intellitree.com
Tue Feb 7 11:26:29 CST 2006

On Mon, 2006-02-06 at 20:36 -0500, Joseph Garvin wrote:
> Rainer Dorsch wrote:
> >checking for glutMainLoop in -lglut... no
> >

> Curious, why does wine depend on glut? It's not a native windows DLL and
> I can't think of any obvious reason why wine would need any of glut's
> crossplatform stuff for making windows (wine already does that) or
> taking input (wine already does that).

Wine builds replacements for opengl32.dll and glut32.dll, both of which
are common dlls in use by windows programs that use OpenGL. Also, glut
isn't necessarily a "crossplatform" lib. It is a toolkit library
containing a bunch of functions that are commonly used in GL programs.
OpenGL and most derivatives of it are designed to be "cross platform
compatible", at least to a greater extent than DirectX.

Despite this, the DLLs just expose a cross platform API. The code inside
opengl32.dll and glut32.dll will probably still be very windows-centric.
I think the glut32.dll.so built by WINE actually calls into libGL.so,
libGLU.so, and libglut.so in linux/BSD/etc...

Coleman Kane