server: allow OpenClipboard to succeed when already open

James Hawkins truiken at
Tue Feb 7 15:05:53 CST 2006

On 2/7/06, Eric Frias <efrias at> wrote:
> When OpenClipboard is called twice in a row with the same HWND as a
> parameter, wine lets the first call succeed, but the second call fails
> because the clipboard was already locked.  Although it's not specified
> in the docs, Windows allows the second call to succeed (and something
> deep inside of our app depends on this).  I think I submitted a version
> of this patch a year or two back, but it wasn't accepted.

You should add a unit test for this case in Wine's test suite.  It
would be pretty easy to write, and it would verify this information,
making your fix more likely to be accepted.

James Hawkins