Regression problems in Easy-PC - UPDATE: Have conformance test that triggers reference counting bug in ole32.dll

Dr J A Gow J.A.Gow at furrybubble.co.uk
Wed Feb 8 14:36:10 CST 2006

Dr J A Gow wrote:

> It is as I thought that there is some issue with the object destructor
> for the storage object being called and not actually releasing the
> object. I have attached the complete patch to the tests for storage32 to

I have just had another thought on this and wonder if anyone could
confirm it: Shouldn't destruction of the parent IStorage object
automatically destroy all IStream objects opened within it? This seems
to be the way Windows works as far as I can tell so far. Wine does not
do this, requiring all child IStreams to be closed before the final call
to the destructor of IStorage will actually release the memory (and
file) associated with it. Any ideas?

	John.