Dogfood Challenge, week 2

Dan Kegel dank at
Thu Feb 9 00:02:39 CST 2006

OK, I've been using OOo2.0.1 and Firefox 1.5
running under wine cvs for about two weeks.
Firefox is quite usable; I read gmail in it routinely.
There's just one ugly little rendering problem:
And the stars on each message in the list look funny, but they're recognizable.
Worst thing is, when you try to copy from Firefox to another app,
the clipboard is bare:
But overall it's not bad.

OpenOffice is less happy.  It locks up quickly in the File / Open dialog box:

So... at this point, Wine+firefox pass the dogfood challenge for
people who just need to do basic web browsing, but needs some
work for people who need word processing.
- Dan

Wine for Windows ISVs: