[wined3d] support for WINED3DFMT_A8B8G8R8

Christoph Frick frick at sc-networks.de
Thu Feb 9 04:11:16 CST 2006

On Wed, Feb 08, 2006 at 08:11:47PM -0400, H. Verbeet wrote:

> > FMT_TO_STR(WINED3DFMT_A8B8G8R8);
> > then add a second
> > FMT_TO_STR(WINED3DFMT_A8B8G8R8);
> > Doesn't make sense for me. Same for the other changes in this diff.
> Unless I'm misunderstanding your comment, that's not what the patch
> does.  There are already cases for WINED3DFMT_A8R8G8B8, the patch adds
> cases for WINED3DFMT_A8B8G8R8. I suppose the R and the B look rather
> similar.

even without doing any further explanation: this patch cant be
duplication because gcc handles duplicate case values as an error.

but you are right - thats exactly what it does (note the reversed order:
RGB vs BGR). without this patch there are fallbacks for RGB, 4byte, and
so on - so there is no actual breakage code-wise. BUT without this patch
running the ``smoke'' and ``grass'' demo show heavily distorted
textures. the ogre-logo used in every demo is distorted too. this patch
fix this behaviour. i doubt that many other games have similar problems,
because ogre is designed to work with ogl and d3d and would therefore
deal with textures in both flavours and the demos may not be written by
the same author and the textures may not all be of the same format or
source.

--
cu