dx9 and shaders

Stefan Dösinger stefandoesinger at gmx.at
Thu Feb 9 04:17:57 CST 2006

Hi,
> I'm not sure you can do that like that. lock.pBits is allocated with
> HeapAlloc, and it looks like DIB_CreateDIBSection expects memory
> allocated with VirtualAlloc, judging by a quick look at the code and
> the commit comment here:
You could be right with this: I've checked in ddraw, and it allocates the
surface memory with VirtualAlloc. I'll look at this

What is the relevant difference between HeapAlloc and VirtualAlloc? I've read
the msdn pages, and I couldn't find anything that would make a crucial
difference for a bitmap.

Stefan