Implement DVD_ReadStructure

Francois Gouget fgouget at free.fr
Thu Feb 9 11:16:18 CST 2006

On Thu, 9 Feb 2006, Alexandre Julliard wrote:

> Francois Gouget <fgouget at free.fr> writes:
>
>> Actually both the latest PSDK and the DDK put ntddcdrm.h, ntddscsi.h
>> and ntddstor.h straight in 'include' and not in 'include/ddk'. So this
>> patch is probably correct.
>
> There's no include/ddk on Windows, that's a Wine (and win32api)
> convention to separate SDK and DDK includes.

Actually the Windows DDK (2000) stores its headers in a directory called
'inc', which itself has a subdirectory called 'ddk', thus making it
'inc/ddk'. Not quite the same but close.

So I guess headers from 'inc/ddk' would end up in 'include/ddk/ddk' in
Wine. Not that it's a problem. However, how do we decide whether a
header should go into Wine's 'include/ddk'? Is it based whether
Microsoft ships it with the PSDK or the DDK? Or should we base it purely
on the content of the header?

If the former then ntddcdrm.h, ntddscsi.h and ntddstor.h should be in
'include', if we follow the latest PSDK at least, but if the latter then
they may belong to 'include/ddk'.

            If it stinks, it's chemistry. If it moves, it's biology.
                   If it does not work, It's computer science.