Startup time of OOo2, Firefox 1.5. Some surprises.

Dimi Paun dimi at
Thu Feb 9 23:57:54 CST 2006

On Thu, 2006-02-09 at 21:40 -0800, Dan Kegel wrote:
> Nope.  Measurement error.  Turns out running Firefox in wine
> and then OpenOffice in wine makes OpenOffice start up fast,
> since wine's in the cache.  Gotta reboot between runs of
> even different apps.

I don't know -- it may be more interesting to separate out
wine start-up from application loading. After all, the wine
startup is a one time hit. You don't time native OOo by
counting the bootup time as well (hmmm, maybe we should --
this way we may actually get some decent boot times :)).

Dimi Paun <dimi at>
Lattica, Inc.