Representation of virtual hardware in desktop managers [Was Bug 4551]

Tom Spear (Dustin Booker, Dustin Navea) speeddymon at gmail.com
Sun Feb 12 12:10:09 CST 2006

Forwarded from Bugzilla bug 4551.

Nowadays on Linux you do not see your virtual wine hardware drives in KDE or
GNOME because they are not recognized. You have to open "invisible" folder
"$HOME/.wine". Many users will not be able to do this.

Maybe one could work out some standard with freedesktop.org so that users can
easily access their virtual drive C:\ ? Who's work would that be? I am not sure
about that, so sorry if this is not the right "inbox". I would liek to suggest
to extend this standard to other virtual machines like Xen or Vmware.

Thilo Pfennig