DSOUND bugs

Tomas Carnecky tom at dbservice.com
Mon Feb 13 10:53:59 CST 2006

I'm really wondering why nobody has fixed the DSOUND buffer underrun bugs..

I get lots of these message when I run World of Warcraft:
err:wave:wodPlayer_ProcessMessages pcm_pause failed: Input/output error
err:dsound:DSOUND_MixOne underrun on sound buffer 0x7fda2038

I can fix these buffer underruns partially by playing with the buffer
size in asoundrc, but it never disappears completely.
It gets worse if I also start TeamSpeak (which btw. uses 50% of the
CPU)), but I can play videos using totem or mplayer or listen to music
without any xruns.

is it really unknown where the bug is? because I'm willing to test
patches and helm looking where the bug might be..

tom