Michael King mike.king at
Sat Feb 18 15:14:21 CST 2006

I'm looking into porting our graphic application language to Linux usign WineLib but
having some trouble just getting started.

I downloaded and installed wine-0.9.8-SuSELinux92.i586.rpm for our SUSE 9.2 system and
then tried to create the 'notepad' program using the instructions given on .

Unfortunately after following the instructions I ended up with a '' not a
simple ./notepad file.

Our goal is to create a true executable file, not a ".so" library that needs to be invoked
using Wine.

Have the build instructions changed?

Michael F. King
PVX Plus Technologies, Ltd.