add configure options to control support of misc packages

Mike Frysinger vapier at gentoo.org
Sun Feb 19 02:24:10 CST 2006

On Saturday 18 February 2006 22:27, Mike McCormack wrote:
> It's good for people to build Wine without switching off features so
> that as much of the build as possible is tested on each machine.

so we're clear, it sounds like you wouldnt accept any patch for this
regardless of how it was written ?

imo, the guy building the package knows more about the target features than
anyone else, and they should have the power to control what is and isnt
enabled ... forcing everyone to build everything they can and hoping that
people will report bugs seems like a hack
-mike