Winelib

Joris Huizer jorishuizer at planet.nl
Sun Feb 19 11:28:51 CST 2006

Michael King wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm looking into porting our graphic application language to Linux usign WineLib but
> having some trouble just getting started.
>
> I downloaded and installed wine-0.9.8-SuSELinux92.i586.rpm for our SUSE 9.2 system and
> then tried to create the 'notepad' program using the instructions given on
> http://www.winehq.org/site/docs/winelib-guide/winelib-getting-started .
>
> Unfortunately after following the instructions I ended up with a 'notepad.exe.so' not a
> simple ./notepad file.
>
> Our goal is to create a true executable file, not a ".so" library that needs to be invoked
> using Wine.
>
> Have the build instructions changed?
>
> Michael F. King
> PVX Plus Technologies, Ltd.
> www.pvxplus.com

With winelib, there is no way to make a "true" executable without any
dependencies on wine;
you could make a wrapper script so that the user does not have to type
'wine' anymore - this is what winelib used to do, which made the
'notepad' file in the documentation (that part of the documentation is a
little out dated I'm affraid)

HTH,

Joris