Window discovering

Cyril Margorin comargo at gmail.com
Wed Feb 22 06:22:03 CST 2006

Hello,

Under Windows, there is a tool, that comes with Visual Studio - "Spy++".
This tool allows to select window object, get its information (class,
styles, etc.) and its messages.
Unfortunately, I was unable to start this application (probably it
requires some COM object to be register, or something else). I've
tried to google for any similar tools, and found one, named WinSpector
(http://www.windows-spy.com). But it doesn't allow to select any
window from separate process.
Is there any tool, that allows to do such things, that works with
wine, or probably I need any special settings to run this application?

--
Cyril Margorin