Idea for reducing the number of duplicate bugs

Tom Spear speeddymon at gmail.com
Thu Feb 23 15:46:54 CST 2006

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Tom Spear <speeddymon at gmail.com>
Date: Feb 23, 2006 3:46 PM
Subject: Re: Idea for reducing the number of duplicate bugs
To: n0dalus <n0dalus+wine at gmail.com>

Ok ok, maybe not an alert.  I still think something saying to check the
appdb would help, cause then when they read the appdb, they can see that
there is already a bug filed for that specific issue, and can post notes to
that bug instead of filing a new one..  Sure some users will still file a
new one, not paying attention, but it will cut down..  Another thing I think
we should do, for the users that do read the docs, is to put a comprehensive
guide to searching for a bug in either the FAQ and/or the wine/developer
userguide(s), as the bug search form does look a little intimidating.

Tom