New d3d8 code and FFXIBench3 - pretty good!

Al Tobey tobert at
Tue Feb 28 22:48:47 CST 2006

I just tried the new d3d8 code with FFXiBench3 again tonight and it's
pretty good!    The textures are mostly there and there are only a
handful of recurring glitches.    This demo is downloadable from

Some textures had their colors munged up.   I assume this is related
to earlier discussions about RGB_ v.s. BGR_ formats.

I got a lot of these two messages:
fixme:d3d_surface:IWineD3DSurfaceImpl_UnlockRect unsupported unlocking
to Rendering surface surf at 0x7d388550 usage(1)
fixme:d3d:IWineD3DDeviceImpl_CopyRects Wanted to copy partial surfaces
not implemented, returning D3DERR_INVALIDCALL

I'll play around with my CopyRects patch a bit and see if I can get it
to work properly then submit it.   I'm not convinced MSDN is telling
the whole truth about how partial copies should work.

Keep up the good work!
-Al Tobey