SPARC assembly won't compile, problems with NT headers

Tony Lambregts tony.lambregts at gmail.com
Sun Jan 1 15:10:21 CST 2006

Segin wrote:
> Alexandre Julliard wrote:
>
>>Troy Rollo <wine at troy.rollo.name> writes:
>>

>>>1. Modify the executable after the link phase;
>>>2. Put what we can into SizeOfImage (which could only be one part of the
>>>calculation - presumably "_end") and adjust at load time; or
>>>3. Don't rely on the assembler to put anything meaningful in there and
>>>calculate the whole thing at load time.
>>>

>>4. Define an _end symbol in .data, that's good enough for what we
>>   need.
>>

> Could you guys fill me in on what's going on with this? Is someone
> trying to compile Wine on a SPARC? I thought Wine was only for x86 and
> x86_64...

 From our FAQ:

  Wine is being developed specifically to run on the Intel x86 class of CPUs
under certain UNIXes that run on this platform. Winelib however is capable of
porting the Windows applications source code to other platforms also, not only x86.

http://www.winehq.org/site/docs/wine-faq/index#UNDER-WHAT-PLATFORMS-WILL-WINE-RUN

The only real limitation of winelib is that it is limited to programs written in
C and not any other progamming languages.

--

Tony Lambregts