Question about X11DRV_ChoosePixelFormatglXChooseFBConfig returns NULL (glError: 0)

Joseph Garvin k04jg02 at kzoo.edu
Sun Jan 1 18:39:23 CST 2006

Did Raphael's patch ever get applied? I'm basically having the exact
same trouble trying to run Deus Ex with the OpenGL renderer. I'm using a
rage128 and xorg 7.0 RC1 (I don't think the r128 had any real updates
before release though). Similarly, my glx client and server versions
don't match up. Let me be clear: This is with the built in open source
drivers, not the proprietary ones.

xxxxxx at ubuntu:~/.wine/drive_c/DeusEx/System$ winecvs DeusEx
fixme:process:GetProcessWorkingSetSize
(0xffffffff,0x7faff400,0x7faff3f8): stub
fixme:process:GetProcessWorkingSetSize
(0xffffffff,0x7fb0f418,0x7fb0f410): stub
err:opengl:X11DRV_ChoosePixelFormat glXChooseFBConfig returns NULL
(glError: 0)

Then the game displays a messagebox saying an assertion for
"nPixelFormat" failed and exits.

xxxxxx at ubuntu:~/.wine/drive_c/DeusEx/System$ glxinfo | grep version
server glx version string: 1.2
client glx version string: 1.4
GLX version: 1.2
OpenGL version string: 1.2 Mesa 6.3.2