winecfg: Problems with audio configuration

Vitaliy Margolen wine-devel at
Mon Jan 2 20:23:04 CST 2006

Monday, January 2, 2006, 6:18:11 PM, Jesse Allen wrote:
> On 1/2/06, Jesse Allen <the3dfxdude at> wrote:
>> I'm the one having complete lockups with wineoss.drv.  I also have the
>> nforce2 sound chip (snd_intel8x0), but I use it as a secondary device.
>>   I actually use cmi 8738 (snd_cmipci) for most everything.  I will
>> disable snd_intel8x0 and switch back to wineoss.drv to see what
>> happens.

> The problem is with snd_cmipci.  Furthermore I get a gpf when
> rmmoding.  So I have something else to go by now without resorting to
Yeah that's fun I've seen something like that crashing kernel 8-[ ]

> the winecfg hard lockup.  This is probably a kernel regression so I
> will track it down.  You can ask the others having a lockup with the
> winecfg what sound drivers are loaded into the kernel too.
Yeah we should at least print to the console and flush buffers before
opening next driver. This will give as at least some info if we get hard

> snd_intel8x0 seems fine, so actually, you are ok too then.
Oh good <g>