ntdll: Implement few Dbg* functions.

Eric Pouech eric.pouech at wanadoo.fr
Tue Jan 3 14:25:34 CST 2006

Eric Pouech wrote:
>> IMO, the Ui ones seem to be rather old (NT4 or something) whereas the
>> ones I'm talking about are more recent (XP), but seem better defined
>> (API wise). For example, only XP version seems to provide the wait for
>> debug object and continue APIs. That's why it seems to me more
>> interesting to me that we move to the XP flavor.
> actually, you could implement it on top of Ui flavor as well
> we'll have to dig deeper to tell the differences
> A+
/me putting the shovel away after some digging

the DbgUi* functions are the one called from kernel32, but refer to a
single debug object, stored in the TEB in DbgSSReserved array
They call the 'simple' Dbg functions, which allow a given debugger
thread to handle one than a debugging object (compared to the DbgUi ones).
we can safely start by implementing the DbgUi functions in ntdll. If
needed we can move later one to the Dbg ones.

Eric Pouech