winecfg: Problems with audio configuration

Andreas Mohr andi at rhlx01.fht-esslingen.de
Wed Jan 4 06:29:00 CST 2006

Hi,

On Wed, Jan 04, 2006 at 07:14:02AM -0500, Robert Reif wrote:
> Saulius Krasuckas wrote:
>
> >* On Wed, 4 Jan 2006, Robert Reif wrote:
> >>The crash occurs in libartsc.so.0 as shown above.
> >>

> >And why it can't be libartscbackend.so.0 ?
> >

> The point is that it is not crashing in winecfg or any wine code at
> all.  Adding an exception handler to catch a crash in an external
> library may work but it's a workaround for a broken external library.
> The external library needs to be fixed.
Depends. If we are invoking it with "invalid" or "uncommon" parameters,
then we do have something to be "fixed" (read: corrected) in Wine.
Could that be the case here?
However of course the external library ideally should never crash on
invalid input, so they also have a bug to be fixed.

Andreas Mohr