wcmd & start

Eric Pouech eric.pouech at wanadoo.fr
Wed Jan 4 14:06:06 CST 2006

Stefan Leichter wrote:
> Hello,
>
> i found a problem during running a batch file. The problem is the start
> command. Win9x has it as separate comand (as we currently have it in wine).
> The Nt based Windows Versions have it as builtin comand in cmd.
>
> Wcmd does not know the start command because the start command ist installed
> in windows/comand directory, but the directory ist not in the path known by
> wcmd.
>
> An easy fix might be to add the windows/comand directory to the path variable
> on startup of wcmd.
>
> Is the fine for everyone? If not please suggest a better solution.
as we get but report for programs not working because the get fooled by
wine's start.exe (which shouldn't exist on latest NT), another way would
be to integrate the start exec as a wcmd command
you'd kill two birds with one stone
incidentally you would break Win9x programs requiring start outside of
the command handler...
A+
--
Eric Pouech