wcmd & start

paul pgr at arcelectronicsinc.com
Wed Jan 4 16:52:07 CST 2006

Eric Pouech wrote:
> Stefan Leichter wrote:
>> Hello,
>> i found a problem during running a batch file. The problem is the
>> start command. Win9x has it as separate comand (as we currently have
>> it in wine). The Nt based Windows Versions have it as builtin comand
>> in cmd.
>> Wcmd does not know the start command because the start command ist
>> installed in windows/comand directory, but the directory ist not in
>> the path known by wcmd.
>> An easy fix might be to add the windows/comand directory to the path
>> variable on startup of wcmd.
>> Is the fine for everyone? If not please suggest a better solution.
> as we get but report for programs not working because the get fooled by
> wine's start.exe (which shouldn't exist on latest NT), another way would
> be to integrate the start exec as a wcmd command
> you'd kill two birds with one stone
> incidentally you would break Win9x programs requiring start outside of
> the command handler...
> A+
A related problem with older Win3.11/win95 apps is they set values in
the autoexec.bat and to run Delphi 1.0 or borland BC++4.5 I have to
start wcmd in a terminal the run then autoexec to set the paths and
start delphi or bcw.
It would be nice to allow setting winecfg to allow some applications to
run c:autoexec.bat prior to running like you do with dll overrides.
Paul R.