Invisible fonts - unimplemented SPI_GETFONTSMOOTHINGTYPE

Peter Åstrand astrand at
Sun Jan 8 11:36:46 CST 2006

On Sun, 8 Jan 2006, Vik Kumar wrote:

> Looks strikingly similar to the label issue with Poser I'm looking at.
> I haven't had a chance to look at it deeper, but I think the issue lies
> somewhere in the CreateDIBSection -> DoCopyDIBSection areas.

Thanks for noticing this.

> Would you be so kind to post the gdi+ sample executable somewhere? I'd
> like to compare traces and see if we're hitting on the same issue
> here.(Tried compiling myself, but VC6 seems to hate the new platform SDK
> ;-) )

Here you go:

I've also noticied that the result depends on which Windows version Wine
is emulating:

When using 95 or 98 setting, I get no GDI+ output at all (no lines), and
the error messages:

err:dc:CreateDCW no device found for L"\\\\.\\DISPLAY1"
fixme:font:WineEngCreateFontInstance just using first face for now

When using 2000 or XP setting, I get the lines, but no text, and the error

fixme:win:EnumDisplayDevicesW ((null),0,0x7fc6f65c,0x00000000), stub!
fixme:font:WineEngCreateFontInstance just using first face for now
fixme:dciman:DCICreatePrimary 0x320 0x7f3a11f

Peter Åstrand		ThinLinc Chief Developer
Teknikringen 3
583 30 Linköping        Phone: +46-13-21 46 00