Please read: Wine(HQ) needs a reorganization (AppDB, Bugzilla, etc.)

Jesse Allen the3dfxdude at gmail.com
Mon Jan 9 11:53:04 CST 2006

On 1/9/06, Jonathan Ernst <jonathan at ernstfamily.ch> wrote:

> I don't know why you are thinking maintainers should be developers only.
> Maintainers are quite active on the AppDB. And new features (like send
> test result) are making the job of the maintainers even more easy.

I have doubts about the user submitted test results.  I think its
discouraging proper bug reporting.  Like the current test on the
diablo 2 node:
http://appdb.winehq.org/appview.php?versionId=49

I really think there's something wrong with his wine setup.  What's
worse is there is no way to find who sent it.  It would be better for
people to submit their test problems to bugzilla, and have the bug
links added to the db entry.

(PS, I must have been removed as maintainer in the db by mistake,
because it doesn't show any maintained under my account anymore)