Please read: Wine(HQ) needs a reorganization (AppDB, Bugzilla, etc.)

Jesse Allen the3dfxdude at gmail.com
Mon Jan 9 12:10:51 CST 2006

On 1/9/06, S. Schauenburg <s.schauenburg at gmail.com> wrote:
> By the way, I hate the AppDB comments/summarize where people put a
> error log or something into the comment and/or the summary (under what
> doesn't work).... This clearly states that people aren't using
> bugzilla. So if we (Wine) would be a bit more user-friendly I guess it
> would get the ball rolling.

Yes, this is why I have stated in the very beginning of the War3 howto
to report problems to bugzilla.  All the logs were filling up the
comments block making very long, and I'd say that none of them have
ever been seriously looked at.  With the test results section, they
are starting to put it there now and only the appdb maintainers see
anyways. If people filed reports in bugzilla, more people would see
it, and we can actually interact with the user easier.