Mozilla ActiveX Control -- Browser not in a valid state

Phil Lodwick Phil.Lodwick at EFI.COM
Tue Jan 10 16:47:07 CST 2006

I have a Borland C++ Builder app that is a simple FORM with a TCppWebBrowser
and a button.  I have two callbacks, one when the form is created, and one
when the user pushes the button.  Both callbacks just navigate to google.

   : TForm(Owner)

void __fastcall TForm1::DoIt1Click(TObject *Sender)

On Windows this works as expected.  When the form is displayed, google is
displayed in the browser.  Whenever you push the button the browser is

On Wine with the Mozilla ActiveX Control v1.7.12, when the form is first
loaded nothing is displayed.  WINEDEBUG=+ole shows "Browser is not in a valid

Pushing the button subsequent times reloads the web site as expected.

Before I start digging deeper, I was hoping somebody might have some insight
to lead me down the correct path.