ntdll/tests: Load test on win95 again

Vitaliy Margolen wine-devel at kievinfo.com
Wed Jan 11 11:41:50 CST 2006

Wednesday, January 11, 2006, 3:46:15 AM, Alexandre Julliard wrote:
> Vitaliy Margolen <wine-devel at kievinfo.com> writes:

>> Those tests cover kernel32.dll, ntdll and OM in the wineserver. So I've
>> put them in the middle <g>. They could be moved to kernel, but then it
>> will import same number of ntdll functions. So I don't really see a
>> reason to move them around. But rather keep all the object manager
>> specific tests in the one place

> The object manager can be tested by using only ntdll functions, and
> that can be done in ntdll. Then you can have tests for the kernel32
> functions in a kernel32 test. This way they will also be tested on
> win9x, which isn't the case if you mix everything together.

The problem with those particular tests is that they test one particular
thing (the need of OBJ_OPENIF flag in kernel and proper errors returned
on name collisions) and we need information from all three places. I
don't see how else we can test this without the use of both ntdll &
kernel32 functions in one place. Which makes it rather hard to test on
anything but winNT.

On the other hand. If we don't care about what flags kernel32 use calling
ntdll, we can just test creation of the named object with the same name in
kernel32. And see what kind of errors we'll get there.

Vitaliy.