pch support

Peter Åstrand astrand at cendio.se
Thu Jan 12 06:44:07 CST 2006

On Thu, 12 Jan 2006, Rolf Kalbermatter wrote:

> I've had issues with header changes with MSVC precompiled headers too.
> Sometimes the only solution is to disable precompiled headers and delete
> the pch file. For fairness I have to say that I'm still using MSVC 6 so
> there is a good chance that more recent MSVC systems have better dependency
> tracking in precompiled headers.

Disabling precompiled headers is the first thing I do when starting a new
project. We are using Visual C++ 2003/7.1, which often fails if you are
building from a network share (this is more or less unsupported though,
see
http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=lang_en&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&selm=umBJLvIYDHA.2632%40TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl).

--
Peter Åstrand		ThinLinc Chief Developer