advpack: Implement LaunchINFSection on top of DoInfInstall

James Hawkins truiken at gmail.com
Fri Jan 13 02:26:20 CST 2006

On 1/12/06, Markus Amsler <markus.amsler at oribi.org> wrote:
> ChangeLog:
> Implement LaunchINFSection on top of DoInfInstall

I'm afraid this implementation isn't correct.  DoInfInstall calls
SetupInstallFromInfSection which only concerns the Install section of
an INF file.  SetupInstallFromInfSection and consequently DoInfInstall
cannot provide enough functionality for LaunchINFSection/Ex.
LaunchINFSection/Ex also takes into acount reg and file saves (see
Reg/FileSaveRestore), per user sections (see SetPerUserSecValues),
registering ocx's, extracting cabinets, and a whole mush of other
intricacies.  LaunchINFSection/Ex basically combines all the other
functions of advpack into a monstrosity of functionality.  I'm working
my way towards fully implementing LaunchINFSection/Ex, but I've got to
finish the lower levels first, so if you'd like to help in this
direction, take a look at the stubs I've mentioned in advpack.  I
appreciate your effort in this implementation, but it will do more
harm than good because we'll have to take it out when it comes time to
fully implement LaunchINFSection.

--
James Hawkins