pch support

Rolf Kalbermatter rolf.kalbermatter at citeng.com
Fri Jan 13 04:52:30 CST 2006

> Hmm, perhaps use a CFLAGS "-include autogenerated.h" trick.
>
> Generate "autogenerated.h" by collecting all possible includes via
> a script on "make depend", then force it into every file with
> -include autogenerated.h (previously compiled to pch).
>
> Has the advantage that the magic is all in the buildsystem, no
> source files need to be touched.

This solution has been starting to form in my mind as well. It is even
portable to MSVC it seems with a few small modifications to winapi/msvcmaker.

For platforms not supporting PCH the build system would simply behave
as is. Watch out though that you probably do not want to include every
possible public header file, due to some conflicts. But for the majority
of windows.h and friends this could be a good solution.

Rolf Kalbermatter