Regression in ntdll/virtual.c

Markus Gömmel m.goemmel at
Fri Jan 13 10:48:33 CST 2006

I mentioned that the setup program of AstroWorld will not work any longer
since a few days. Regression testing resulted in the change of
ntdll/virtual.c between 3.1.06 and 4.1.06. I didn't find any related entry
in wine.patches, so here is the diff result:

> #include <sys/stat.h>
> struct stat st;
> if (fstat( fd, &st ) == -1)
> {
> status = FILE_GetNtStatus();
> goto error;
> }
> if (header_size > st.st_size) goto error;
< if (map_file_into_view( view, fd, sec->VirtualAddress, file_size,
> end = sec->PointerToRawData + file_size;
> if (sec->PointerToRawData >= st.st_size || end > st.st_size || end <
> sec->PointerToRawData ||
> map_file_into_view( view, fd, sec->VirtualAddress, file_size,
> sec->PointerToRawData,

The program can be downloaded for free at
Simply select "AW2001 v.6.2 (English)" in the first selection box and press
"Download Demo". With the new version of aw61eng.exe it stuck somewhere at
22% with an error message like "~TMD61.tmp" is not a Win32 binary". With the
old version the setup run ok.

Thanks and regards

Markus Gömmel
m.goemmel at