Regression in ntdll/virtual.c

Markus Gömmel m.goemmel at compulab.de
Fri Jan 13 10:48:33 CST 2006

I mentioned that the setup program of AstroWorld will not work any longer
since a few days. Regression testing resulted in the change of
ntdll/virtual.c between 3.1.06 and 4.1.06. I didn't find any related entry
in wine.patches, so here is the diff result:

37a38
> #include <sys/stat.h>
837a839
> struct stat st;
859a862,866
> if (fstat( fd, &st ) == -1)
> {
> status = FILE_GetNtStatus();
> goto error;
> }
860a868
> if (header_size > st.st_size) goto error;
999c1007,1009
< if (map_file_into_view( view, fd, sec->VirtualAddress, file_size,
sec->PointerToRawData,
---
> end = sec->PointerToRawData + file_size;
> if (sec->PointerToRawData >= st.st_size || end > st.st_size || end <
> sec->PointerToRawData ||
> map_file_into_view( view, fd, sec->VirtualAddress, file_size,
> sec->PointerToRawData,

The program can be downloaded for free at http://www.astroworld.de/ger/.
Simply select "AW2001 v.6.2 (English)" in the first selection box and press
"Download Demo". With the new version of aw61eng.exe it stuck somewhere at
22% with an error message like "~TMD61.tmp" is not a Win32 binary". With the
old version the setup run ok.

Thanks and regards

Markus Gömmel
m.goemmel at compulab.de