dlls/wined3d/device.c GetCreationParameters

Aric Cyr aric.cyr at gmail.com
Mon Jan 16 06:43:55 CST 2006

On 1/16/06, H. Verbeet <hverbeet at gmail.com> wrote:
> If the D3DDEVICE_CREATION_PARAMETERS struct got zeroed out before
> being passed to GetCreationParameters, DeviceType would now be 0 while
> it was 1 (D3DDEVTYPE_HAL) before. I don't know if that's enough to
> make things work.

Yes good point.  I forgot that his original patch also included the
deletion of a few lines.  That is the only reason I could see for his
changes to actually have any effect as the pointer-assignment clearly
does nothing.

> And of course checking if pParameters is a valid pointer in the first
> place is probably a good idea as well.

I agree, definitely a NULL check should be added for pParameters.

--
Aric Cyr <Aric.Cyr at gmail dot com>    (http://acyr.net)