winbase.h dependency problems - dll separation issues

Eric Pouech eric.pouech at
Mon Jan 16 14:52:22 CST 2006

Mike McCormack wrote:
> winbase.h shouldn't be included when compiling ntdll, as it is the
> header for kernel32.dll.
It's shouldn't be used in server as well (except for console, window

> The attached patch removes winbase.h from the server call headers,
> exposing a number of dependency problems in ntdll.
> wine_server_call_err seems to be misplaced in wine/server.h as it uses
> kernel32.SetLastError(), and it is the only function which requires
> winebase.h to be included.  Perhaps it should be converted to a macro or
> only defined when winbase.h is already included, as I have done in this
> patch?
Perhaps the best solution would be to get rid of wine_server_call_err
and explicitely call to error code conversion routine.

Anyway, we should fix first all the problems exposed.

Eric Pouech