dlls/wined3d/device.c GetCreationParameters

Aric Cyr Aric.Cyr at gmail.com
Tue Jan 17 04:04:48 CST 2006

H. Verbeet <hverbeet <at> gmail.com> writes:
> On 17/01/06, Robert Shearman <rob <at> codeweavers.com> wrote:
> > This should never be NULL as where did the application get the address
> > of the function from?
> Well, The function could be called directly from inside wined3d, or
> the application could store the address somewhere.
>
> However, in either case you probably want to fail hard and get a backtrace.

Ya, I thought about that after I sent my previous mail as well...  an assert
would probably be more useful for checking "This".  I also disagree that "This"
is guaranteed to always be non-NULL.  There really is no way you can force
policy how a user calls the function, so minimally checking (or aborting) on
NULL is a sane thing to do.  It doesn't hurt the code, and catches potential
usage problems.

Regards,
  Aric