Unixfs as ShellFSFolder?

Michael Jung mjung at iss.tu-darmstadt.de
Tue Jan 17 10:44:35 CST 2006

Hi all,

I guess I'm responsible for a lot of redundant code between the
implementations of filesystem shellfolders in shell32/shlfdr_fs.c and
shfldr_unixfs.c. While I've always tried to re-use as much code as possible,
unixfs by nature has to use posix apis to get hold of the unix filesystem.

In current cvs, unixfs can be used as a drop-in replacement for the old
CLSID_ShellFSFolder implementation and if you apply the attached small patch,
it will be. It would be nice if some people could try this in their local
tree and report problems with it.

What do people think about getting rid of shfldr_fs.c in the long run, in
order to remove the redundancy? Does ReactOS use wine's shell32.dll? I guess
it would be a problem for them?

ChangeLog:
shell32: Use shfldr_unixfs CLSID_ShellFSFolder implementation instead of the
one from shfldr_fs

 dlls/shell32/shellole.c |    2 +-

Bye,
--