Unixfs as ShellFSFolder?

Michael Jung mjung at iss.tu-darmstadt.de
Wed Jan 18 02:19:48 CST 2006

Hey Ge,

On Tuesday 17 January 2006 19:55, Ge van Geldorp wrote:
> shfldr_fs and shfldr_unixfs could both inherit from
> a common implementation, we can tack on some internal routines to the
> existing vtable. Redundancy between the two can then be eliminated by
> extracting the common code to the "base class" which would call through the
> vtable to the internal routines.

As a first step, I'm planning to restrict the usage of posix apis as much as
possible (largely to the code, which builds the pidls). As far as I
understand by now, for stuff like moving or renaming files we should probably
build on SHFileOperation. This way we don't have to replicate the UI stuff.

Currently, there's a unix path stored in UnixFolder's m_pszPath member. But we
could store a DOS path there instead, as long as the current folder maps to a
valid DOS path (m_dwAttributes & SFGAO_FILESYSTEM). This would of course
always be the case for CLSID_ShellFSFolder.

> If this is only for the benefit of ReactOS then of course I would be
> willing to put in the work to make it happen.

The thing that would only be for the benefit of ReactOS would be the code to
build pidls based on win32 apis. Perhaps you could jump in, once we are at
this point.

Thanks for your comments,
--
Michael Jung