Corel Draw and Printing

Roland Kaser roli8200 at yahoo.de
Sun Jan 22 12:34:14 CST 2006

Hy all

There is, since a longer time ago, a wine bug #3599 about Corel Draw and
printing. Its a very strange behaviour. I can configure what ever I want, I
always uses the wine passthrough and sends the postscript code, of Corel
Draw directly to the printer instead of spooling it first through the cups
driver. I've readt all known documentations about wine and printing but
cannot get one step ahead. Can somebody tell me the wine internal reason of
this behaviour? I would really like to have this feature working. Why
didn't wine spool everything first through the cups spooler (as the default
behaviour) unless an other, explicity specified configuration tells wine to
passthrough the spool output. The other question is, why shows  wine a
postscript printer to corel draw? I know, I know, on Linux all printer
interfaces are postscript, but Corel takes this info literally and
explicitly creates postscript code (by itself) and not uses the windows
printer api to create the printer-document.

Roland Kaeser