Regression testing sadness

Michael Stefaniuc mstefani at
Mon Jan 23 07:16:11 CST 2006

Louis. Lenders wrote:
> Hi, i tried to do a regression test for a bug (bug
> 4370)
I also got very confused by the dates used in CVS and wine-cvs list.
The CVS time is the time of Minneapolis. The commit message is in CET
(UTC+1). You can see the +1 is in the Date field of the email.
I would recommend git for regression testing:
Didn't use it yet for regression testing but from the description it
sounds very easy. No need for the wine-cvs mailing list at all.

> This is what i found:
> cvs update -PAd -D "2006-01-06 15:52:12 CDT" --> no
> bug
> cvs update -PAd -D "2006-01-06 15:52:13 CDT" --> bug.
> Now in the cvs list i see absolutely no patch
> committed at that time. With some effort i found out
> that the patch should be:
> There are two time's given on this page:
> Fri Jan 6 14:49:30 CST 2006 on top
> and in the middle:
> Date:   Fri Jan  6 21:15:48 2006 +0100
> Now either i'm doing something completely wrong, or
> something is really wrong with the regression testing
> (documentation). at least it's very confusing!
>  Anyone can help?
> BTW i did not have this trouble finding a regression
> in another bug , where the patch was committed about a
> half year ago.

Sr. Network Engineer            Fax.: +49-711-96437-111
Red Hat GmbH                    Email: mstefani at
Hauptstaetterstr. 58
D-70178 Stuttgart