wine and jack => segfault? / wine and OSS not working

Francois Gouget fgouget at
Wed Jan 25 03:58:04 CST 2006

On Mon, 23 Jan 2006, Joachim Förster wrote:
> some days ago I sent some mails to the wine-users list. My problem: the
> JACK output driver of wine does not work => wine segfaults; and the OSS
> output driver does not work, too. Windows Media Player (used for
> testing) says, it cannot find the audio hardware.

I have read on the wine-devel list that Jack >=1.0 was not binary
compatible with older version that winejack was designed for. Could that
be the reason why winejack segfaults? Did you try compiling Wine
yourself on your system?

Francois Gouget         fgouget at
                  There are 10 types of people in the world...