HW address w/o connection in iphlpapi

Juan Lang juan_lang at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 25 13:13:51 CST 2006

> The function does seem to be provided by libc. And so the diff must be
> in the implementations of that. Is there any precedent in Wine of making
> a runtime decision based on the c library?

Probably, but see below..

> Would you be OK with a patch that uses if_indextoname() only in the
> special case of glibc-2.2.93 (I believe that's the RH8 libc), but
> if_nameindex() otherwise?

I'm not the decider here, really.  Alexandre is.  While I'd like to see my
recent patch get in because it removes a lot of unnecessary junk from
ifenum.c and improves the situation for most people, it's not the end of
the story.  Wine's policy is to try to run on as many systems as possible,
regardless of what system it was built on.  From that perspective, using
your approach is more correct.  Assuming my patch from today gets in, feel
free to improve on it.

--Juan