Problems with references to drive Z: in registry's User Shell Folders

Alexandre Julliard julliard at winehq.org
Thu Jan 26 05:19:25 CST 2006

Michael Jung <mjung at iss.tu-darmstadt.de> writes:

> For some reason I thought that by default wine isn't following symbolic links
> to directories, but that doesn't seem to be true any more. Is this option
> still available? Do we still have to consider this?

There's no longer an option, symlink loops are now detected
automatically. It means a symlink to $HOME won't show up in directory
searches, but I doubt this would be a major problem.

> I would go on to extend winecfg then, to support setting symbolic links for
> the "Desktop" and the "My Documents" folders. And add a command line option
> to set reasonable defaults in a GUI-less mode to be called from
> wineprefixcreate.

Support in winecfg would be good, but I think we still want shell32 to
be able to set proper defaults, especially if a wrong setup means file
dialogs don't work anymore.

--
Alexandre Julliard
julliard at winehq.org